trouble getting MDAC going on winXP 64 help???

Discussion in 'Software' started by oompa_l, Jul 27, 2010.

1. oompa_l

oompa_l Private E-2

I keep installing MDAC - some kind of database driver so I can connect with me Access db - but I can't see it in my ODBC. I'm fairly new to all of this but I'm not going anywhere at this rate. I have scoured the net and it's very unclear what's going on and how to get past this one.

anyone have any ideas?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Since your problem appears to be directly related to Access, and the driver you need isn't really a "true" driver in the sense that it isn't a hardware driver (like for a video card or sound card), your best bet would probably be the Microsoft Knowledge Base (link: http://support.microsoft.com/search/) or the Microsoft Support Center; here's a link to results I got by using "Access MDAC" as a search term: http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=access+mdac&catalog=LCID=1033&mode=r

I hope it helps!

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

From a command prompt what do you see any data components for MDAC listed when you type odbcad32.exe and hit enter.

Copy to text file and attach, instructions to attach file HERE

What Office Access version are you using? some older ones dont like Windows x64 versions and a move to Office 2007 and SQL Lite is a route or try the info HERE as it may help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds