Avast startup problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by N5638J, May 6, 2007.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Sometimes when i restart my computer Avast does not start and it will keep doing that until i hit the reset on the case then it will start. I have no idea why it will not start when i restart windows but will start when i hit the reset button on the case.confused

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Start, Run, type in msconfig, check under the startup tab to make sure Avast is checked. If it isn't, check it and restart. If it is then I would guess probably something in the registry. Go to My Computer, Local Disk C:, Program Files. One of the .exe files in the Avast Folder (Alwil Folder as I recall) will start it, ashDisp.exe is the one, click on it and it will start protection. I always use a firewall, I usually use an anti-virus. If all else fails right click on the ashDisp.exe and make a copy of it, drag it to the toolbar (Quick Launch), onto the desktop or drag it to start, all programs, startup, it will run when you boot up if you put it in the Startup folder, or run when you want it to if you disable it with msconfig, but have it handy in the toolbar or on the desktop. The reason I make a copy/shortcut is so I can rename it. Or remove and reinstall it. If all else fails, drop back and punt.
    Bug

3. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

You can try what Bug is saying. If you still have problems Avast has a really good forum, I use Avast (have no problems), but in the past I have used their forum when I ran into some snags.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php

Good luck !!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds