Mouse Lag

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elite85, Sep 27, 2009.

1. elite85

elite85 Private E-2

Hello,

I am having problems with two mice I own. The first one out of nowhere began lagging every so often then make a couple beeping noises. It got worse and worse, I initially figured it was malware, so I did a scan and removed one found virus. The problem persisted and actually got worse, to the point that it would lag almost always if I double-clicked.

Then I had another mouse around my house so I used that one, however I knew it wasn't being used because it started to go along time ago, but I wasn't sure if it was from malware or not. I plugged it in and it seemed fine, but it is doing the same problem now, but with no beeps this time.

I did some looking at other threads through google and found that it may have had a problem on installation so I re-installed/updated drivers and it's still giving me problems.

I want to make sure it isn't something other than the mouse before I go and buy a new one. It's weird because now it basically never does it unless i'm playing a game (World of Warcraft).

On both mice, (opticals), the light goes off for a second or two, then comes back on. When it goes off, it stops working.

I tried changing the usb ports thinking one may have been damaged or something but the problem still persists.

Any help? :(

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

mouse lag usually is nothing to do with the mouse exactly. Is it optical? I'm assuming it is.
    you say you found malware, do you think you still have some?
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

something using your cpu up would make your mouse lag, especially during games.
    Have you tried updating your video drivers?
    Also, over heating could cause problems too. you might want to monitor your temps while you are playing
    http://majorgeeks.com/HWMonitor_d5842.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds