What does Nvidia driver do?

Discussion in 'Software' started by apollo1214, Jul 28, 2009.

1. apollo1214

apollo1214 Private E-2

What is this driver for? I have a windows update for nforce Nvidia driver that wont update. My computer still seems to work just fine without it. Do I need to update it? I don't even know what it does. Any advise would be great, or if you need more info I can write back when I get home. I left all the specs on my home computer. But I thought this question would be vauge enough you may be able to help without it. Thanks.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

No, don't update the drivers with the Windows version! They are not as good as the ones from nVidia themselves and may even hurt your system. Just say no.:) Oh, the nForce ones are for your motherboard.

3. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

It happens to me all the time. I am with auggie on this one. I ALWAYs go to the manufactures website for drivers and updates.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds