Switching Off FW

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toke, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Any you guys know how i can switch off my FW in a Netgear Router
    RP614 v2 .. Have been all over Netgear Help and elsewhere and can't find any assistance.. :) Or failing that is there such a product (Router) that has NO FW ??

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

You can't 'switch off' firmware. It is essential to the operation of the router. You can upgrade the firmware though.

3. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Aha Wyatt.. I been trying all sorts to even configure it so as you say if its a firmware its a no go.. just a pain in the butt port forwarding all the time as this paticular Router keeps playing up and I have to return to factory settings and reconfiguer all port allocations.. BTW have recently updated firmware and I assume it updated as when it was installing I had a sneezing fit and when i looked back to screen later there was no reference to anything happening :) I'll try another Thanx again

4. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

Are you talking about switching off Firmware or Firewall? I thought he was talking about his firewall. I notice the RP614v4 has uPnP enabled by default so maybe a firmware upgrade might help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds