Acronis True Image 9

Discussion in 'Software' started by gezgin, Jan 27, 2006.

1. gezgin

gezgin Private E-2

I have been using Acronis True Image v8 for a long time and am very happy with it. BUT the newer v9 has the abilty to back up individual files rather than just the whole drive plus incrementals.

My question concerns the stability and reliability of v9. I have seen reports (just a couple) of problems. Any feedback is welcome as I would like to get the extra backup feature of the new version if I can.

Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Not used version 9 as yet for the very reasons you mentioned early versions of TI9 had stability issues, but from what I'm now reading many of thse have been addressed as the guys/girls @ Acronis do take these seriously and seem to be fixing known issues quickly.. hence the amount of updates V9 has had since release.

ok its only a 15 day trial and you cannot creat/restore a backup from the bootable CD but maybe worth a trial to see stability for yourself as even tho others may have stability issues you may not as everyones PC setup is different http://majorgeeks.com/Acronis_True_Image_d2236.html

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Private First Class

4. gezgin

gezgin Private E-2

Acronis True Image stability issues

Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to wait a good while until the stability probs have been ironed out. I need to have TOTAL faith in my imaging app.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds