Trouble opening webpages....

Discussion in 'Software' started by chrissy, Jan 20, 2007.

1. chrissy

chrissy Private E-2

Hey all

Well last week I used a software to delete my Internet trail and delete cookies etc hoping, in my ignorance to clean my laptop up.

My computer seemed to work well but then I discovered that I am no longer able to opening websites such as www.facebook.com, www.hotmail.com or www.googlemail.com. I can go to the homepage but I can't sign in. Nor can I sign into MSN messenger, although this might be another problem. Which incidentally when trying to download the program for from this website, I was not able to do so! Argh.

The program I used to cean up the comp was Ashampoo Uninstaller 2002-2003. I can post some screen shots of what I did if it helps.

Just wondering if anyone had any initial thoughts on what could be wrong?

If there are any questions or if I need to add more detail to my inquiry just lemme know!

So just to sum up:

-Cleaned my laptop recently with Ashampoo Uninstaller 2002-2003
    -Cannot open facebook.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com or MSN Messenger
    -Can't seem to download programs
    -I'm very annoyed! lol confused

Thanks for you help everyone!

Chrissy ;)

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Hi Chrissy,

1. Check and see if Ashampoo Uninstaller has a goback or undo feature available. Might be under options or settings, something like that.

2. Do you have a restore point you can go back to before using the uninstaller program?

3. Enable cookies

4. What anti-virus/firewall are you using and did you make any changes there?

Steve

3. chrissy

chrissy Private E-2

Hey thanks for the suggestions. I'll check the Uninistaller program to see if there is an Undo function, but I doubt it.

I followed your advice with the cookies but to no avail. Argh lol.

I don't think I have a restore point, in fact I don't even know how to create one. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to PCs so I'm all for learning new things! :D

My Anti-Virus is AV Guard and my firewall is Zonealarm. But I don't think they've been affected.

Any other ideas anyone?

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

See if you can access the pages if you temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds