trouble opening picture files

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doubting8Ball, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Doubting8Ball

Doubting8Ball Private E-2

Hello out there...

I am having some trouble and wondering if you all could help.

I downloaded several pictures from a server at my university. I need to look at them for a course. They are supposed to be jpg's, but they are showing up as unnamed files on my PC. I downloaded the pictures from a Mac onto my USB jump drive. I have a PC,with Windows XP Pro. But I can't open the images. Even when I rename them as ".jpg". They simply will not open. I have tried all sorts of applications "windows picture viewer", "internet explorer", "adobe reader"... nothing works. When I try to open the images on a Mac, they open fine with Preview.

I was wondering. Is there a program for the PC that would allow me to open these pictures? Does anyone have any ideas? Hopefully this message is clear. Essentially I am just looking for a way to open these files. I have tried re-naming them and that doesn't help.

Thanks. You all rock.

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

if they are showing up as unnamed files, what about saving them by file, save as (they don't really have a name, or proper extension)? i know i have a program that won't save the files correctly (let me open them), unless i name them as .jpg (or whatever), meaning the correct extension, that i want them as. or how about emailing them to yourself? anyway, i don't know anything about macs, because i've never been around one, just throwing stuff out. g/l - sos

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds