BSoD Caused by Rootkit Virus

Discussion in 'Software' started by Beagdad, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Beagdad

Beagdad Private E-2

Was greeted by a BSoD last night when shutting down the computer. Over the last week, with Tim W's help, I cleaned a rootkit virus off of my computer (Dell Desktop, Windows XP).

Tim believes the hard drive got infected from the virus and suggested I come on over to the software forum. I've attached a screenshot of the BSoD - when I googled the message, the majority of what I found was that the drivers were out of date and/or damaged.

What do you guys thinks? :confused Thanks in advance!

Drew

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , what is the error of bsod ? You have to go :wave

Start
    My Computer Right click
    Properties
    Advanced tab
    Startup and Recovery tab ( Settings )
    un box Automatic Restart
    Ok
    Apply

3. Beagdad

Beagdad Private E-2

I didn't realize that because I had uploaded the screenshot in the malware thread, it didn't re-attach here. Here's the link to said screenshot. The error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

By "un box" did you mean uncheck? (it's not currently checked off)

Thanks!

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

You can download this utility

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Hard_Disk_Sentinel_d7520.html

inspecting the situation of the disc , even go to
    Start
    Run typing mmc devmgmt.msc
    Ok

checking if any ? is existed :wave

5. Beagdad

Beagdad Private E-2

Okay, running the device manager check, the only issue is on the DVD rom drive:
    "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

As for disk sentinel, there were 3 issues that arose under the S.M.A.R.T tab, each had the exclamation point inside a yellow triangle:

1. Reallocated Sectors Count
    2. Current Pending Sector Count
    3. Off-Line Uncorrectable Sector Count

6. Beagdad

Beagdad Private E-2

Some more info..I uninstalled the DVD driver and rebooted. Now the sentinel readouts are all clean and green, but the error is still showing in device mgr.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds