Malwarebytes Issue's

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chala, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Chala

Chala Corporal

I tried searching this problem on this site and found nothing comparable, but for the last two versions of Malwarebytes i am unable to get the automatic updates to work. I have contacted technical support for Malwarebytes and every remedy they sent to overcome the problem failed to work. They finally stopped answering me. I presently have Malwarebytes Premium 2.0.3.1025 any suggestions or advice would be appreciated, i just feel i am not getting my money's worth!

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hello, Chala

*Moved to proper forum, as this is not a malware issue.

3. Chala

Chala Corporal

It was suggested to me that it might just be a "malware issue" hence posting here, but thanks anyway!

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. Chala

Chala Corporal

Plodr thanks, i did post there once i just didn't have time to follow the troubleshooting tips i was given, it would of took a few days if not more to resolve...looks like that's what i am going to have to do. I wont do a clean install to fix that problem i would rather just manually update.

I seen your posts, nothing recent though, i am running the latest Mbam on Windows 7. Glad you got your issues resolved however and i will stick with the Mbam forum for help, thanks again buddy!

6. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Uninstall and reinstall should be a fairly quick process.

You can use Geek Uninstaller which does not require installation.
    It will perform a "clean" uninstall and remove any leftover files and registry entries.

You've probably done this already, but in case not, here are some suggestions.

Make sure you have entered your license information and create an Automated Schedule for receiving updates.
    This is what my settings looks like.

Attached Files:

7. Chala

Chala Corporal

Thanks Mjnc my initial read of Plodr post assumed he meant a clean install of my OS and i mean that i wouldn't do that. I tried uninstalling with the older version not the new one that just came out. I will definitely try that again, thanks!

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

NO. plodr is a she and I meant an uninstall and clean install of MBAM.
    I rarely tell anyone to do a new install of Windows.

MBAM does provide links to their uninstaller, in the forum. That's what I used to scrape off the bits and pieces.

9. Chala

Chala Corporal

Plodr my apologies I stand corrected so sorry, and thanks again I will keep you informed!

10. Chala

Chala Corporal

I still dont get what frequency and recurrence means, for example your setting mean to me that at 3:54:05 your updates will start on that hour and start again every three hours after that!

11. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Yes. That is correct. 3:54 a.m. just happens to be when it was setup.

Have you looked at this page and watched the video?
    Malwarebytes Support: How do I schedule a scan or update in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

I just changed my update settings to:
    • Frequency: Hourly
    • Recurrence: 1 hour

I then verified the next update from the History > Application Logs

Try setting your the same way and leave the computer On for at least an hour and a half without going into Sleep or Hibernation mode.

12. Chala

Chala Corporal

Yes i have watched the video and thanks...i found what my problem was, a very simple one actually, my operation type was not set on "check for updates" silly mistake but it happens. The updates are working fine now as confirmed by the application logs.

I got this from the user guide, it may help when you set up your updates in the future..."Our Research group updates the Rules database anywhere from 8-15 times daily (unless there is a specific reason to update more often). Based on this, there is really no reason to check for updates more often than once per hour."

Thanks for all your help, i am finally getting the most out of my Malwarebytes :)

13. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Thanks for the feedback, Chala.
    Glad it's working, and, yes, an understandable oversite.
    Been there, done that.

I really prefer to have mine update only once or maybe twice a day.
    I set it to every hour just to check if all was working properly.
    Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds