empty desktop folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by hoopea, Mar 16, 2008.

1. hoopea

hoopea Private E-2

hi,
    have a strange one here.
    on my desktop is a empty folder which when i delete on the next startup it appears miraculously again after about 5-10 seconds.
    looking in its properties tab and in sharing tab down the bottom it says;
    the options on this tab are disabled because the folder is in another folder that is private.
    on clicking on that it opens up a file folder which is in my (meaning chad)documents and settings that is 15.3 gb containing 4,724 files, 784 folders.
    its as if it was a backup of all my documents and settings.
    have been through the malware forum first as i have just gotten over some issues and thought it may have been related, but is not.
    the very helpful guys on the malware forum seem to think that,
    "something which is occurring according to instructions begin given to it by one of your running programs"
    can anyone help me here with this problem.

thanks
    hoopea

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds