wireless driver for acer aspire 9500

Discussion in 'Software' started by dazzel, Jan 18, 2009.

1. dazzel

dazzel Private E-2

I tried acer site but still windows XP Pro+sevice pack3 doe not find wireless adapteron laptop. Wireless worked ok before but since I have reformatted hardrive and replaced with a different XP, network is ok with Lan cable.
    Acer wireless device is Intel WM3B2200BG if this helps ok with desktops but not a lot to do with laptops thanks rolleyes

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks :major

Here you go... simply click this link and the driver download dialog will open. For best results use the steps described in this thread to install the driver via the Device Manager.
    Good luck! If you have problems or more questions, feel free to ask!
    :-D

3. dazzel

dazzel Private E-2

Thanks for the reply device manager does not have a wireless adapter installed so will install Pro/wireless from Acer, did not work last time as this is the only one present at this time will press on different settings if pos.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If the PC has a wireless device with no driver installed, it will show up in the Device Manager. It may be called "Unknown Device" or "WLAN Adapter" or something, but it should be there. If you could attach a screen shot of the Device Manager, I could tell for sure what's going on.

5. dazzel

dazzel Private E-2

New dowload of Acer adapter works fine this time made sure windows zero was auto and fig2 as last time.previous download must have been corrupted as different settings appeared on new dowload, also new download manager installed old one may have been giving me some probs. Thanks for the advice dlb on the verge of useing a generic wireless adapter as dragging Laptop to cable inputs was a pain.

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:highfive Glad I could help! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds