HELP-Laptop Wont Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bb4now, Oct 26, 2007.

1. bb4now

bb4now Private E-2

I recently upgraded from peoplepc dial-up to their dsl service, which come with an internet security suite. My first problem occured day before yesterday when (according to peoplepc tech) the modem stopped communicating with the pc. I called peoplepc tech support and the tech helped me flush the cache and do a reset. After this reset I started getting an error message that the "peoplepc security suite had enountered a problem and needed to shutdown". This error message came up once the night of the reset and twice yesterday, both time I just clicked ok to shut it down. This afternoon it happened again so I decided to uninstall the security suite. After the uninstaller ran I was prompted to restart the system, which I did, but now it will not boot to the operating system. The HP screen comes up,then the windows screen come up like it is about to startup, and then it goes to a black screen and the cycle starts over. I've called peoplepc tech support and the say they cannot help with this problem that I should contact my hardware vendor or other tech support.

The pc is a HP pavilion zv5227wm, it is three years old so it is out of warranty. It has a 2.8 P4 processor and I put in a new 80GB WD Scorpio HD about six months ago. I had tried to reboot with the windows disk, booting to the last know good configuration, and safe mode but it won't get past the windows screen. Everything was working fine, even on dsl for about a month, until I installed the peoplepc security suite. Can someone please help me solve this problem?

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Did you by any chance burn the restore disc's off of the program on your pc? ed

3. bb4now

bb4now Private E-2

No I didn't, I have the original disks that came with the pc. I have Windows. Application Recovery and Driver Recovery disks.

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

5. bb4now

bb4now Private E-2

Ok I'll check this out and let you know what happens. Thank you for responding.

6. bb4now

bb4now Private E-2

Hey Ed, everything seems to be back too normal. Thank you very much. My next task is a backup of my drive. I haven't done one in quite a while and really didn't want to have to do a total reinstall and lose everything. Again, thank you very much, you saved my bacon for me.

7. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Glad to hear it worked out for you. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds