Sound problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SherryS, Nov 15, 2007.

1. SherryS

SherryS Private E-2

I recently re-arranged my computer room. Since I've moved my computer and tower, I have lost my sound and do not know how to restore it. My computer shows that I have C Media Wave Device and C Media PCI Audio Device and they are enabled.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You'll have to open the computer and be sure that all the wires are connected and that the sound card is properly seated in the slot.
    Disconnect the computer from the outlet and ground yourself before you touch anything inside. Static electricity can kill things inside the case.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Also, verify you connected your speakers to the correct jack on back, or front, of your computer. And, open your sound settings panel and verify that Mute is not enabled.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Most (if not all) sound cards use a green jack for speakers/headphones.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds