no mouse or touchpad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jallenaz, Jul 28, 2015.

1. jallenaz

jallenaz Private E-2

We have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980. I was running Ccleaner and then uninstalled Kaspersky 3.0 because it was not registered. McAfee is installed. When the uninstall asked to do a reboot I did it. Now the mouse and touch pad don't work. I can't get past the log in without a mouse to move the cusor over an account to get to Windows7. Is there a way to do that with just a keyboard?. I would like to try a system restore. Any suggestions?

I was trying to clean out a years worth of junk files, toolbars, and then defrg.:(

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try using the Tab, Arrow(s) & Enter keys.

3. jallenaz

jallenaz Private E-2

Tried all those and the keyboard was dead. Nothing worked. They will have to take it somewhere as I am not at that location anymore. Would like to know what it was though that killed everything when in Windows. I'll never know now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds