dvd skips and freezes

Discussion in 'Software' started by wrangler2100, Jun 3, 2008.

1. wrangler2100

wrangler2100 Private First Class

I have been making a backup copy of a dvd and the copy freezes and skips , I watched it on the computer and there are no flaws . I use dvdfab hd decrypter4 and then dvd shrink to burn with , I set the burn speed to the lowest setting and dont do anything on the computer while it burns. so how do I get the skips and is there a way to get rid of them. my burning software is nero 6 because it will automatically burn with dvd shrink ,any other like ezdvdcreator will not burn auto but creates an image and I havent really been able to get a dvd done using that but thats another story .

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Shouldn't have a problem. It could be your dvd player that's not compatible with certain disks or brands of disks. In my experience, DVD-R is the most compatible. +R not as much. Also, the disks should be quality. Not $10 a bundle from a flee market.

3. wrangler2100

wrangler2100 Private First Class

the disc are dvd-r and they are dynex , dont know if those are cheap or not , have done other movies with no problem with same disc and my dvd player will play almost anything. guess I will try some other settings and try again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds