My computer screen went blue!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Computer Acolyte, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Computer Acolyte

Computer Acolyte Private First Class

No I'm not talking about a blue screen, I'm talking about color. Frankly I don't know if this is hardware or software, I picked software out of wishful thinking... I was reading an article in some site, when suddenly the colors changed for no reason. Everything is kinda blue now... The back and forward buttons in the browser turned yellow, and I don't have red colors at all now, red is displayed as black.. I tried restarting, and noticed that the windows logo also had a color problem, so do computer games. Is this a driver problem, a video card problem or a screen problem? What do you suggest?

2. Computer Acolyte

Oh yeah, I'm using Windows XP, the screen is LG Flatron F700B, the graphic card is Radeon 9600 with 215 mb

3. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

is your monitor a flatscreen or crt?
    can you degauss it?
    if you can reset it?
    can you try it on a different computer?
    can you try a different monitor on your computer?

4. Computer Acolyte

I can't degauss it, it's supposed to degauss itself, it's set to degauss in it's options. It's a crt monitor.
    What do you mean by resetting it?
    I might be able to try it on something else later this day.

5. Computer Acolyte

ok I can't, the cables don't match.

6. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

do you have another video card or onboard video that you could use, just
    to see if it's blue on that too, ( so we can see if it's your monitor)??

7. Computer Acolyte

8. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

that's all i can think of trying.

you need to:
    1. reset that monitor
    2. try that monitor on another computer if it's blue then you know it's the monitor
    3. try a different video card, if it's not blue then you know it's the video card.

good luck.

9. simonk

simonk Corporal

make sure your monitor lead is pushed in correctly at the back on your graphics card. also take a look at the pins on the cable that goes into the card are any of them bent.

10. Computer Acolyte

Update: I broght the monitor to the shop I bought it from, and it worked fine. So I brought the tower, we connected a screen to it, and it worked fine. I brought it back home, connected everything, and it was blue again!!! Goddemit.
    I moved everything away from it that has or might have something magnetic in it, I even moved the computer table to the middle of the room to get it away from anything, it's still blue! Any suggestions?

11. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

Have you tried pulling the video card and re-seating?

Could be that it was coming loose.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds