Running 2 wireless cards at the same time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stopads, Mar 26, 2007.

1. stopads

stopads Private E-2

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible if you can run two wireless cards at one time. One possiblity I thought of might be to use vmware to do it. Has anyone tried it yet? Please let me know. Thank you for your help.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Never tried it, but you can use multiple NIC cards in XP and Linux, so I am sure you can use 2 wireless cards. I am not sure what the advantage is, but I am sure you can do it.

E

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Are you trying to create a bridge between two wireless networks? Surely the second receiver will only see what the first can see, unless it is remote.

Studio T

4. stopads

stopads Private E-2

I'm testing the security of my network. I want to set one for packet sniffing. I read somewhere that it would be easier to use two computers instead of one. Since I don't have an extra laptop, I thought it would be more practical to use one laptop with two NICs and vmware. The second NIC would be run with vmware. If anyone has tried this already please let me know. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds