FTP Server setup issues with Filezilla Server

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rathgar2, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Rathgar2

Rathgar2 Private E-2

I would consider myself a moderately skilled computer user. However one of my weaknesses has been understanding networking and FTP servers, and the articles on how to get them setup are very poor on the "what do I do now" or "off the track" kinds of issues. So I am sheepishly seeking some advice.

I now have a need to run a FTP server on my home network. I have a DSL connection that I run through a DSL modem provided by my ISP and from there it goes into a Linksys wireless router and then it is wired right into my Dell XPS.

Enter stage right with a freshly D/L'ed copy of Filezilla Client and FZ Server. Then I shut down my firewall to get it to run and then figure out how to get through the firewall later.

I fire it up and try to connect to the default 127.0.0.1 and it fails to do anything else. I tried to by pass my router and connect directly but failed to get the FZ server to do anything but fail to connect. All of the guides I have read do not offer advice on what to check if such and such step fails and so I am stuck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

WTTW Ken

2. Rathgar2

Rathgar2 Private E-2

OK, I took two screenshots of what I am experiencing. I changed the server address to "localhost" and still no love. Please anybody, any ideas?

Attached Files:

3. Rathgar2

Rathgar2 Private E-2

Problem solved after uninstalling FZ Server. I D/L'ed a new copy of the program and reinstalled it. Only different item was a different location not C:\filezilla\filezilla server but just \filezilla server

I hope this reply helps someone else in the future.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds