Look at what i found in the trash

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by N5638J, Apr 3, 2007.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i think its pretty cool to find something like this in the trash.:major

I have not had a chance to look through the 200+ page book but it looks like its the whole manual for the TOW system from 1987
    It even has on the front of it
    [​IMG]

2. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

Won't be so funny when you have a knock on the door form the guys in suits :)

Enjoy the read, if we ever end up in a post apocalyptic world and you get your hands on a TOW system, you will be all set to defend your home :)

~C

3. the-reverend

the-reverend Private E-2

That is pretty sweet, all you got to do now is get a TOW system :D

4. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

should be around there, search the can next to it.
    Does these things remain classified after 20 years? I'm sure the army has been upgraded since. Maybe the old junk was bought by our government.... mail me a copy :D.

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I hope it's not your pesky neighbour who has one.

6. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Put it on Ebay, if someone from the middle east wants to buy it make sure you get decent price ;) :D

7. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I used to have a full set of MOPP4 gear. It just fell out of a copter that flew over head when I was a kid. It was really funny for a while.

8. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

9. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

Just intrested what trash did you find this in?

10. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Does your neighbor look like this?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  11. N5638J

N5638J Guest

We was cleaning out a simi we have at the shop full of junk and it was going to the dump and i seen it so i saved it ;)

12. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Now that is trashing!!! Nice catch dude!

13. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Thanks Chris.

I really wonder what i might be able to get for it ;)

14. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

10-20 if you are not careful!

15. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

a few years in the fed if your lucky :)

16. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I'd tend to agree. The best thing you could get from it is a nice feeling of having some information that most people don't have. The worst thing would be a prison sentance... but that said whoever discarded it without following the instructions (on the front cover!) would probably be in trouble too.

Just because you found it lying around doesn't mean that you're instantly guilty of anything. I believe that in the US as soon as anything touches the curb it's anyone's property - if it just so happens to be a piece of government documentation that's beside the point. By throwing it out it's custodians made an action to say they didn't want it any more - your part in the story is simply recovering the item from "no man's land" - which is, as far as I know, not yet a crime.

I have to say, if some government official came along and wanted it back I'd say "sure, it was a pretty good read but the ending is rubbish!". Most governments would like to think that someone who gets on the wrong side of the government is guilty until they say otherwise, it just doesn't work like that.

Buuut don't sell it. Certainly in this country you get problems with trading in restricted material without authors consent - even if you did find it in a ditch.

17. star17

star17 MajorGeek

18. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

19. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

declassified......nows the time to post it on ebay :)

20. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

It's a conspiracy!!!! :D

21. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Fiji i think i will rename it to geekland. ;)

22. darlene1029

Who would want to - Kadavu Island, Fiji

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  23. Natakel

Natakel Guest

24. Mini-Geek

Mini-Geek Private E-2

WOW great find lol

25. ladyofevilness

ladyofevilness Private E-2

wow thats a bit crazy, you would think that would be important or something

26. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

I think the or something covers it.

Now if you had the matching hardware...

27. darlene1029

Makes you wonder what else they've misplaced, lost or just don't find useable anymore.

28. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

Was thinking the same thing........

He didn't get it from his bin, otherwisse he'd have known it was there. What was the OP doing looking through other peeps rubbish bins????? kind of weird.......

29. JakeD

JakeD Corporal

Nice!!!;)

30. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

That is so cool!

31. N5638J

N5638J Guest

"Look at what i found in the trash" is just a saying to me mulletgut. I could swear i said we was cleaning out a old Simi-trailer they have at the car shop. they been throwing things they got from yard sales in that for years

32. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

OH the AZ STOW and the ELEV STOW lights both need to be on. So many wasted nights.... ;)

33. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

Was tongue in cheek my precious................... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds