Need Help Fast!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1hot302, Mar 6, 2005.

1. 1hot302

1hot302 Private E-2

I know some about computers but nothing about this...about 4 days ago my internet browsers (netscape and explorer) both stopped working, i find it weird both went out at the same time, some people think i have a virus but i have no way of telling, i called dell and they said to reload my windows xp...but when i tried to put all my files onto cd's to save them..it doesn't allow me to do that either for some strange reason (i've done it before so i know it should work)...if anybody has any ideas of what is wrong PLEASE HELP ME.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

can we get the spec's of your computer and do you have any kind of anti-virus software if not you might try one of many here on MG ;)

3. 1hot302

1hot302 Private E-2

I'm not at home right now (obviously because im on the internet)...but im pretty sure its a dell 6500...or 5600 ....but the only thing i know of is Mchaffie (sp) that i have.

Thanks

4. Olley

Olley Sergeant

You should get your self a decent anti virus program, such as AVG which is for free, and see if u really need to reload windows. Is it only the web browsers that stopped working or is it the internet connection all together? Or maby some of your internet settings were changed and need to be restored.

5. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds