Built in webcam doesn't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nicole_Wild, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Nicole_Wild

Nicole_Wild Private E-2

Hi all, I got my laptop a few days ago and it has a built in webcam. now I try and open a program like YouCam and it comes up with ''There is no webcam plugged in'' . I've trailed through all of the HP website about drivers and what-not but the only thing I can find related to the webcam is a program to use it, which I already have. It's really driving me up the wall 'cos I know I'll probably need drivers for it. I've checked in device manager and the webcam isn't even listed in there.

I have a HP G7000 and Windows Vista Home Basic OS.

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

3. Nicole_Wild

Nicole_Wild Private E-2

I've tried that, it goes through all the installation process and then says at the end

No Webcam is detected.

I'M STARING AT IT!! :mad:

I HATE technology.

I don't know what else to do, I've searched that website and tried to download the other ones but it's the same message.

4. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

if you just bought it then bring it back to where you bought it saying it does not work.

they should replace it without any hassles.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds