Acer Aspire Windows XP...

Discussion in 'Software' started by SweatyBanana, Oct 29, 2007.

1. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

This computer is messed up so bad... I had no problems before today, I left the laptop on all afternoon/night with the movie "Transformers" paused a few minutes in. Came back to it, watched the rest, and at the end, it froze up. I restarted the computer after shutting windows media center down, and when it booted back up, the windows start sound started playing all scratchy and skipping. Second time I restarted, the computer wouldn't boot, so I restarted again, let windows run its scandisk virus/problem check, and it found nothing wrong before boot.

Got logged in with the shitty sounding startup sound, and now I am waiting to see what I can do about this problem... I cannot figure out what it is.

2. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

System restore FTW.

3. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

Ok... System restore made it so I can actually start up my computer, but the audio is still skipping around...

EDIT: And it's still running slow as balls...

4. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

most likely it got to hot and is damaged somehow

5. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

Looks like I fixed it by restoring it back further in the month... I don't know what was up with it, but thanks for the input anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds