Troubles with new router and random webpages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mockery, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Mockery

Mockery Private E-2

I'm having trouble reaching certain web pages since the installation of our new Linksys wireless router in our home network. Many pages download and update with nary an issue, but any attempts to log onto my hotmail or certain other web pages feed back "This document contains no data." Using the utilities included in the Router, I tracerouted the signal, and usually find something on the other end. Hotmail bounces me off of a couple pages before finally grinding to a halt on a blank screen waiting for a reply, and...
    I do not think this is a problem with my ISP, as all of these pages loaded fine under our previous D-Link wireless router. If I'm missing something (these pages have been assured to be open by other parties), please point out where I'm being a moron.

Thanks.

2. slot.me

slot.me Private E-2

Mockery,
    I would check your DNS settings if I were you.

3. Mockery

Mockery Private E-2

All right. This is me not knowing, really, what I should be looking for.

I'm set to acquire a DNS server address automatically, and under my advanced options, I'm set to "append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes" and "Register this connection's address in DNS."

Should I do something with these settings?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds