What i***STOP***0x0000007B?????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sanjbin, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sanjbin

sanjbin Private E-2

My fren gave old computer to my daughter..it has windows 2000 pro...i donno what happened sice yesterday cant open the window and gives a message ***stop***:0x0000007B(0x818B28B0,oxC0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)
    Inaccessible boot device...
    even my dumb brain get the signal that computer is unable to boot..what shall i do?
    cant open on safe mode...nothing works just those message and blue screen..i dont have much knowledge of computer ..specially dos...so i would really thankfull anyone will help step by step...
    sorry for broken english..by the way i google those code on net but it has to do something in dos mode..so i give up and asking help on this my forum :cry

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

.Open your computer and replug IDE cable.CLEAN if your computer is full of dust. Open bios and set first boot device to be HDD.

4. sanjbin

sanjbin Private E-2

Thanks Goran..i am gonna try it tomorrow

5. sanjbin

sanjbin Private E-2

Goran i open the microsoft help page..but i coudnt understand those hard computer language...i clean the computer and replug all the cable.....do u mean boot device HDD is open bios and set first boot device IDE 0?Thank you

6. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  7. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Nein.

You do not perform repair installs for this error unless all hope has failed. Nor is the IDE cable bad, no need to crack the machine open. Thats just a bunch of hogwash that made it past the KB review process and the tech writers don't actually know any better.

these are the most common causes of a Stop 0x7B:

1. You have RAID and your array just blew up.
    2. Your IDE drivers corrupted.
    3. You installed a program that disabled the atapi service.
    4. You have filesystem damage.
    5. Your bootsector is damaged.
    6. Your boot.ini is messed up.

Those are the most likely causes. A damaged IDE cable isnt gonna give a stop 0x7B, its gonna give a hard disk not found message.

Ok, so without furthur adue, here is what I would suggest.

Get a Windows XP CD, and boot to the recovery console. Log in with your Admin password. Never set one? Try a blank password.

1. Run a filesystem check/repair. chkdsk /r. This takes some time, so grab a cup of cofee.
    2. Rebuild your bootsector. fixboot.
    3. Rebuild your boot.ini entry. bootcfg /rebuild. Follow the prompts.
    4. Check and make sure the atapi service is in the correct run state.
    Type this: enable atapi SERVICE_BOOT_START

Then, if all else fails, and your machine does require hard disk controller drivers, you should try a repair install. However, when booting from the CD, you must hit F6 when prompted, then point to the floppy disk that has your hard disk controller drivers on it,

If its a failed RAID array, its time to do a new installation of Windows after rebuilding the array.

9. sanjbin

sanjbin Private E-2

Sorry guys busy at work so couldnt reply earlier...thanks goran and Adrynalyne for ur help..iam gonna try to boot from window xp and let you know
    thanks once again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds