beep error codes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Myth, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Myth

Myth Private E-2

can anyone help me on this as i cant find nothing on it yet

it a asus p4sp-mx board the error beep is 1long beep followed by 2 short beeps, then about 5 seconds later it make a grunting noise it sound like the board saying "uh oh" lol i been on the asus site but they cant help or did i miss where it is lol ive not given up looking yet but hoping someone on here might have had this problem or know of where i can find out :confused: :eek: any help is better then none so thanks to any one that can help ;)

2. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Assuming you have an Award BIOS. 1 Long, 2 Short - Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information. Meaning either the video card is not seated correctly or the monitor cable is not connected.

Everest can give you all the information about your computer you'll ever need to know.

3. Myth

Myth Private E-2

yeah its an award bios and i just found that out on another site but its onboard graphics and it when attached to a different monitor with a different cable so could this mean the board graphics has had it?

4. Myth

Myth Private E-2

put a graphics card in it and we got the screen up and it looks like the board is bust just resetting the bios and looking for a bios update and if these dont work gonna have to get it changed under warranty as its only a couple of months old lol but out of all the pcs i build with asus boards this the 1st ive had mess up on me so now i get to see how asus are with customer support lol :p thanks for your help anyways :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds