Are you beautiful or ugly?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by macacosexy, Nov 25, 2005.

1. macacosexy

macacosexy Private E-2

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Doesn't matter what you look like on the outside...it's what you are on the inside that counts.:)

[EDIT] As an added note, links to this site have been posted here before and we had a blast *cracking up* when Kodo & Wenchie uploaded their pics just for fun. Please keep it clean folks...no rude comments or the thread goes bye bye.:) [/EDIT]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I agree, if you have to ask people.... you're ugly. I dont quite get the whole, I am wonderful thing going on out there. Everyone thinks they are so special nowadays, guess what, you're not. Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2005
  4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I'm too scared to put mine up hehe.
    Is this a new geek who looks like she's my age and I bet I'm probably mistaken!!!

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Just Regular,if you want to feel special do something you'll feel proud of ;)

Edit: like go on date with mcadam hehe :D

6. omnihilo

omnihilo Private E-2

Holy crap, I went through about 20 photos and the vast majority averaged 2 or 3. I only saw a couple that were above 5, and nothing above 7. Lots of critical people around! Just makes you wonder how high our standards of beauty have become lately.

7. AbbySue

I don't think it's so much a case of standards I think it goes back to people viewing stuff like 'rating' people on appearance as being rather shallow. Lets face it, while you may be initially attracted to someone based on their appearance that isn't what holds you to that person or makes you have "real" feelings for them....it's what's inside...the person they are deep down..that's what counts.:)

8. omnihilo

omnihilo Private E-2

I agree that physical appearance is only part of what makes a solid relationship. But it is an important one to many people, and understandably so. I don't think it makes a person shallow to be attracted to a certain type of look, so long as they're not hypercritical of others who don't match that look.

9. ECHINACEA

ECHINACEA Private E-2

Don't you mean what they think about what you look like to them? What I or anyone thinks about you hopefully is not important to you just by us looking at a photo of you. That would be sad.

10. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Sites like that one are just sad. People care too much about how they look to people they don't even know or care about.

11. AbbySue

I don't either..we are all attracted to a certain 'look'...it's where the chemistry usually begins and everyone has different tastes in what is appealing to them or not. I'm just saying that far to much emphasis is placed on a persons appearance and those that judge people based on the shell they walk around in rather than actually 'seeing' the person for the individual they are is not only totally sad, it's shallow.

Sheesh...just look at what is considered 'hot'. Pencil thin women who look like they are addicted to heroin. It's unrealistic AND unhealthy..no wonder so many young people (and older) suffer from eating disorders...they feel they can't be accepted for who they are so they are trying to attain this unrealistic sickly look that the media as a whole is shoving down our throats. When are people, or society as a whole gonna wake up to what is not only important but realistic? I doubt it will happen in my life time.:(

12. Natakel

Natakel Guest

I started life ugly, but I'm getting better looking each day . . . :p

I agree with Abby - people are attracted to a certain kind of look (it's the way we are made), but it's the whole person that makes a relationship. I've known some women who were attactive by anyone's "standard" but were just ugly on the inside. You have to get to know someone.

13. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

I agree that appearance is way over-rated. I`ve had my heart stolen twice...and while both weren`t what you`d consider dog-pound ugly they weren`t what I`d call overly attractive either. Both times for me it was just "BOOM!!!" and it happened. The way a person appears, well, hygiene is bigger than drop-dead gorgeous. I`ve met some stunning women over the years that were shallower than a teaspoon as well.

14. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Hey I wonder if mine is still up there. It's blocked from here, (i'm at work) I forgot all about it. Actually no, mine was on "hot or not"

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I've always had the attitude that I may not be as good looking as the next guy, but if said handsome guy picked a fight with me, he would soon be uglier looking than me.

:p

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Unless its me. I am special.

Get with the program.

:p

17. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

I`m with you man...and I was on the phone with Abby this morning and reminded her that he who fights fair rides in the ambulance heh heh heh

18. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

Beauty is only skin deep.

Ugly runs right to the bone.

19. lb4norleans

lb4norleans Who 'dat

Yeeaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Ahem, I agree with your statement.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds