Dell latitude battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gower, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Gower

Gower Private First Class

Left the laptop on running off battery for about 30mins and battery obviously ran dead (no charge left) so the laptop turned off (normal) i turned it back on and the battery will not charge for longer than 5 seconds. The meter on the desktop has a red line through it followed by 0% charge remainingHas the battery died or just faulty?
    Gower

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I think that your answer will depend on how old the battery is...even rechargable batteries have a finite lifespan... also, did the battery do this when it was new?

3. Gower

Gower Private First Class

i got the battery of ebay and it was second hand. It worked fine to start with until now. It used to last up 2 hours but now it won't recharge.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Well, if you're certain that the battery is making good contact with the laptops connectors, then I would suspect that the battery is simply reaching the end of its life. If you're really ambitious, you could confirm by researching the battery (ie getting make and model, and getting technical specs from google or the manufacturer), and testing the output voltage. This would require you to get your hands on a multimeter/voltmeter, though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds