you know your living in 2007 when...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dyamond, Aug 23, 2007.

1. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2007 when...

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own drive and use your mobile phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7 Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your mobile phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12 You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no number 9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a number 9 on this list.

:D

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

lmao

jeez...I've done/did all of those. LOL:eek:

Sadly, even this one: "6. You pull up in your own drive and use your mobile phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries."

That's good. I haven't seen that one.

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I IM my next door neighbor to walk him through PC probs. LOL

4. dyamond

I've done most of them!!

No 8 is probably the one I do the most! Funny thing my co-worker across from me emailed these to me. LOL

I have a friend who would call her mom on the 3rd floor from the living room on her cell phone because she was too lazy to go up the stairs!!

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

16.Your in debt and having trouble making the payments but the bank wants to give you another card and lend you more money

Funny Dyamond:D

6. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

LOL had me in stitches, dyamond :D

Nice post :)

7. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Cute and so true

8. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yep, true for a lot of people. Personally, although I am a tech-geek, I make a point of never being a slave of any technology, or gadget.

I am the master...it is the slave....(I think! :eek:

9. dyamond

I like to think that too, but if leave the house without my cell phone I really do panic and have to go back and get it LOL

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I can add one:
    16. You check to see if you have an internet connection during a power outage. (Yes, my wife did that, just last night.)rolleyes
    [​IMG]

11. darlene1029

Sounds like that calls for something leather LOL

12. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

A (leather) sofa, maybe???...;)

Re: Cellphones:- Well, let's just say for someone who runs a few companies, I should theoretically be contactable at all times, but I get a bit 'woolly headed' at times and forget things. Like my cellphone in my cars were both flat for nearly a week, and I plumb forgot to recharge them. I did wonder why things were so quiet, rofl! You wouldn't believe the amount of S.M.S. and phone-bank messages I had to catch up with. :eek:

In my own defence, I did remember a few times about the recharging when I was out, LoL! rolleyes.

I got the hint when people kept asking me what was wrong with my cellphones. Ah well, it was peaceful for a short time. Now I must pay the price and catch up with everything, eh.

On a "You know it's 2007", note. I had to LoL to myself when I was at a friend’s house, and left my thumb-drive on the table and she was trying to light a cigarette with it. It does look a fair bit like a lighter, I guess. I pretended not to notice, but she did ask what I was smirking at. 'Plausible deniability' did not work, either.

13. darlene1029

roflmao, me too Phantom, me too.

14. JakeD

JakeD Corporal

LOL, I like that one!! ;)

15. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Great post.:major And I will forward it to a few friends. :D Bazza

16. dyamond

roflmao thats classic..

I told my boss that he needed to right click the mouse. He moved the mouse to the right side of the screen and clicked... no, no i said right click the mouse, click the right side of the mouse... needless to say he didnt get it :D

17. darlene1029

You people should have seen me today trying turn off the speaker on my cell, on second thought glad you didn't, wasn't pretty.

18. Natakel

Natakel Guest

I'm using an internet connection via my phone line and have a UPS serving all my primary equipment, so I do have an internet connection during power outages (at least for 25.43 minutes, that is . . . lol).

On the flip-side . . . I don't own a cell phone. Never have. I just haven't needed one. A friend once handed me her fancy new Motorola Razor phone and I had trouble turning the thing on. She was shocked, saying "You built my computer, but you can't work a cell phone?!"

My pithy response was, "What's your point?"

:eek:

19. Shane489

Shane489 Private E-2

my mother once tried to switch the tv on with a cell phone :p

20. DeviceDemon

DeviceDemon Private First Class

I email my co-workers who sit next to me all the time (about 5 feet away). The funny thing is that my email has to go through our company's headquarters servers in Des Moines, Iowa first before it goes to their computer. We work in Washington, DC. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds