Factory reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickson2, Dec 19, 2008.

1. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

My dad has a dell inspiron 1300 laptop and feels he needs to do a factory reset because it is misbehaving even though we have done several things to remedy it. He has a (Green disk) and a (Blue disk) which came with the laptop at the time of purchase, both disks have printed on them "Applications already installed on the pc for re-installing dell inspiron euro tools, system software. Would these be the restore disks to put the laptop back to just bought condition?

cheers
    Nicky

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

My brothers Dell desktop had two restore disks, one had the Windows Operating System (XP Home) the other had drivers and superfluous software. If you put each CD in the drive, right click the drive in my computer and choose explore you will be able to see the files on the CD, if it auto runs you can just close it. If you decide to reformat and reinstall Windows backup your drivers to an external drive or CD/DVD. There is software here on MajorGeeks to simplify the task. I would start here:
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...d=58E26A65A4388E4FE040AE0AB7E107E3&l=en&s=dhs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds