Value Creation Failed line 741

Discussion in 'Software' started by lpg3065, Feb 18, 2009.

1. lpg3065

lpg3065 Private E-2

My daughter is away at college and got this message when trying to boot her laptop - "parser message - value creation failed line 741". Does anyone know what this means? Any suggestions on how to fix?

2. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

I pulled this from a quick google search which may or may not help you.

"Many thanks for your suggested solution.
    However, as it turned out in my case, the cause of the Parser message Value Creation failed " at line 903 problem seemed to have nothing to do with a non Microsoft visual, styleshell.dll etc etc.. .
    but rather something to do with Media Player.

I resorted to running the Microsoft System File Checker - SFC.EXE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747/en-us

The option I used was SFC /scannow

I needed the original Windows XP SP2 Install CD.

After SFC had run, I got the following popup:

Windows Media Player
    The file wmp.dll has a version of 10.0.0.3802 where 10.0.0.4036 was expected.
    Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.
    Do you want to install the Player from the Microsoft Web site?
    YES or NO

I selected NO, because I already had the WindowsMedia10-KB917734-x86-ENU.exe install file.

Obviously the SFC process had used the original Windows XP SP2 CD's wmp.dll to replace the "faulty" file/condition.

I cannot fathom what triggered or caused the problem in the first place.

But so far, so good.

Many thanks once again."

I know the error number is different but running the system file checker should shed some light on your problem as well.

Let me know how it goes :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds