"Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is eit

Discussion in 'Software' started by DUENAS-737, Jan 3, 2007.

1. DUENAS-737

DUENAS-737 Private E-2

Windows Xp Home SP2

My IE6 was not able to download files from the internet, I cleaned my system from viruses, trojans, worms and other stuff as well as I could (Spybot, Hijackthis, Adaware, Microsoft Defender, Avast!) All these software I had to download them to the computer in my job because my Home Computer does not download them.
    I always get this message

"Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. please try again later"

However, those programs that needed to update themselves at installation were able to download thier own updates. As I was runing those antiviruses, I was experimenting downloading stuff like IE7 and WMP11 which I downloaded to my job and took home and installed them. Now they are up and runing but IE7 is not downloading anything anyways. Other problem is that there is no web history.

Does anybody have any idea of what is going on?

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Re: "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is

Welcome to MG. :)

My immediate reaction would be that a firewall is blocking access. If you have a firewall turned on, try accessing a site with the firewall turned off to see if it is that causing the problem.

3. DUENAS-737

DUENAS-737 Private E-2

Re: "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is

With And Without The Firewall Enabled The Problem Persists. I Can Acces Websites But When It Comes To Download Something, It Always Gives Me That Message. I Have My Firewall And Antivirus Disabled And It Is Still Doing The Same Thing.

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Clear your cache and temp files, reboot and see if that resolves it.

If not, then try this. If you don't already have 2 users accounts, create a second one before attempting this:

Open Internet Explorer. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. On the General tab, under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    3. In the Delete Files dialog box that appears, click OK.
    4. Under History, click Clear History.
    5. In the dialog box that appears, click OK.
    6. Quit Internet Explorer.
    7. Log on to the computer by using the account of a user who does not experience the problem, and then open a command prompt.
    8. Change the directory to the following path:
    drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE6
    where username is the name of the user account that has the problem.
    9. Type del index.dat, and then press ENTER.
    10. Close the command prompt, and then restart the computer.
    The Index.dat file is recreated the next time that you log on to the computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds