HP8730w battery taking a long time to charge.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by motc7, Apr 18, 2011.

1. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

I have an issue with a user where he gets the message that "For full performance, please connect to a higher power AC Adapter."

I have tried two different OEM adapters, and two different know good batteries and this problem still occurs. The message itself is not so much the issue, but it's taking hours and hours for the battery to charge.

I updated the BIOS and the problem persists. I tried uninstalling the ACPI Fixed Button in the device manager, to no avail.

Is there anything else I should be looking at to make this laptop charge batteries at a normal rate?

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Is this the original battery that came with the laptop?? if so then the battery is a pigs ear!!!crap!! HP batteries are notourious for failing, so I believe the fault lies with the battery not the actual adapter, I would swap the battery for a higher cell one. The problem you are witnessing with it now will get worse and can render the machine unbootable due to a power shortage.

hope this has helped.

iain.t :major

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Reviving an old thread of mine due to returning issues.

I have done all that I stated in my original post, but also I have tried brand new batteries and still having the problem with this user.

Thing is, I have other users with the same model laptop, and be it OEM or aftermarket batteries and or power supplies, no one else is having this issue.

Could this be a problem with the motherboard perhaps?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds