Raid on ASUS M2N68-LA

Discussion in 'Software' started by Deewe, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Deewe

Deewe Private E-2

Hello,

I have an HP a6000n, the motherboard is an ASUS M2N68-LA Rev 1.01, and the RAID feature is unavailable in the BIOS.

I'm being said it's disabled at the factory by HP

Does anyone knows if I can replace the HP BIOS with an ASUS one and finally get the RAID working?

Other option : is there any other motherboard with the same layout and RAID so I can just replace it?

On a side note, I'd like to upgrade my system, so would I be able to change the multiplier of an AMD 5000+ black edition or would I be stuck at the default setting?

Thanks for your help.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

HP has been using standard MATX form factor motherboards for a few years now so any motherboard that supports your RAM and CPU should be fine. If you have an AGP card, I know of only one socket AM2 motherboard with an AGP slot that is still available, but I'm not sure if it supports the black AMD chips.
    K9MM-V by MSI http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K9MM-V&class=mb
    You should have no problems installing it in your HP case.
    If you don't have an AGP, or are using a PCIe video card, then you should have no problems finding a suitable motherboard.
    Since your current MB is an HP OEM, the BIOS would pretty much have to come from HP, and if they don't have one with RAID support, you may be out of luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds