Help setting up wireless printer server

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcelwood, Feb 21, 2005.

1. jcelwood

jcelwood Private E-2

I added a Linksys WPS11 wireless print server to my wireless network. Not a problem using it from my Windows machines, but can't seem to figure out how to get my wife's iBook, running OSX, to be able to access it. The Linksys and Apple support sites didn't help and I have to admit that I am pretty clueless when it comes to Macs.

The print server's configuration page has a section for Advanced Properties that allows you to tell it the AppleTalk zone being used, but I looked on the iBook and no AppleTalk zone was listed.

Can anyone give me guidance how to configure the iBook to print wirelessly with this setup?

(all machines are accessing the network through a Linksys WAP with WEP turned off, if that helps...)

Thanks!

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. jcelwood

jcelwood Private E-2

Thanks. I will try that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds