how far would you go to save an animal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickson2, Jul 6, 2004.

1. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

Its a few years ago now, but its as clear as yesterday.... I had 2 lop eared bunnies, and was going on holiday. I left my bunnies with a friend of mine and went on holiday for a week. On returning i was anxious to see my bunnies so i rang my mate who informed me i was a proud grandmother of 6 new baby bunnies. My female bunny had given birth the day after i went away! (and i was unaware that she was even pregnant) she hadnt built any nests or anything. My friend informed me that the mother bunny had been ill and she had considered calling the vet, but hadnt. So i went round to pick up the happy family with intentions of callin the vet to get mummy bunny looked over. Within five minutes of me landing back home mummy bunny started fitting, her body jerking rapidly and her eyes rolling. I took her in my arms and cradled her, but it wasnt to be, her breathing got shallower and shallower, slower and slower, then she'd gone. I frantically gave mouth to mouth and chest compressions trying to save her, but all to no avail, she died in my arms, leaving her soul mate and 6 one week old babies. I cried and cried. Shortly after i contacted the vet, and was told it was highly unlikely that the babies would survive, but i had to give it a go, i couldnt just give up on them. I slept with the babies in a shoe box at the side of my bed, feeding them by a syringe every couple of hours or so, unforturnately 1 baby died 2 days after its mother, 1 a few days later, another a week later, then another and another. But i at least i can live thinking i gave them a chance, i gave it a go, one baby survived, so i guess it was all worth it.

Attached Files:

2. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

Ive done the same thing with kittens. 4 babies....one survived.
    Ive spent a small fortune getting a run over cat 'repaired' (mind you, in truth, if i had known how much the vets bill would be, i might have said no!)
    i am currently struggling with a lame, retarded, and possibly deaf puppy!!
    i no there are people that are gonna say 'stupid people' or 'there just animals' or whatever, but like the story you told, i didn't go out looking for things to rescue. if a problem drops in your lap then your kinda stuck with it. (in my opinion) aloha

3. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Wow. I'm so sorry about your bunnies. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds