Email sender

Discussion in 'Software' started by hillrants, Sep 19, 2006.

1. hillrants

hillrants Private E-2

I am creating a football pool website. The general idea is that people pick teams, enter their email addy, and all the information is then emailed to myself and the user. I'm building the page in ASP and am using the CDO.Message function to generate the email. I'm sure I can figure out how to pass the variables to the body of the email and what-not, but I'm having a hard time getting the mail to work properly.

The only time I can get it to send to an email address is if I tell it to send to my yahoo account. Even then it ends up in my junk mail. All the other mail ends up in my 'queue' folder in my 'mailroot' folder. 3 days later, it's still there. I see so many websites that automatically generate emails to my hotmail account, so I know it's possible. I was thinking maybe I need to send via remote server. Can someone please help?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds