Netgear Wireless router issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SLACkra, May 11, 2008.

1. SLACkra

SLACkra Private E-2

Hey guys i'm trying to hook up to the internet through a Netgear WGR614 v7 wirless router that is in turn connected to a Negear DM111P modem. For some reason whenever I hook the router up it just doesn't work. I've tried playing with the settings but to no avail. When the router is connected I am able to access it however not the modem so i believe the issue to be with how the modem and router are connected to eachother but i simply do not know what to do. So what should i do?

Andrew

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

These two are designed to work together so should be able to be setup with little fuss.
    They should be connected by a single ethernet cable.

Are they new or or ?
    Why have you got a separates? Have you got anything else connected by ethernet?

If they are not new you may have to perform hardware reset to clear the old information, look for the recessed button.

What do you have with the boxes, in terms of cables and software and instructions?

If they are new (and under guarantee) the Netgear helpline is free and guess what - very helpful.

We need more detail to help here, especially if the standard Netgear instructions don't seem to be working.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds