Cd's/Dvd's compatible in all computers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by teamfargo, Jul 12, 2005.

1. teamfargo

teamfargo Private E-2

This is an odd question and perhaps a dumb one....but I wanted to get a gift for someone that lives in Singapore. I considered a computer pc game, a dvd movie or a cd. I know he has a cd/dvd/cd rom drive in his computer.

My question is this: I see that dvd's (at least) have regions and you must buy the correct one for the area you live in. Does this apply to products you play in a computer? Do cd's and pc games go by region also?

Just don't want to waste money on something he won't be able to use....

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I think it's just movie dvds that are affected by different areas of the world, but most dvds and cds can be played on computers from all over the world.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

DVD Region Code Killer.

DVD Region Killer Tray.
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/3/7/3-7-18.shtml
    Works for me, and my friends. Free as well.

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

You're welcome. :) Have used it for over a year now. :D Sorry about the cut and pasting. Didn't come across as I wanted it to appear. Bazza

===

5. teamfargo

teamfargo Private E-2

thanks so much for the assistance! I appreciate it and this will definately help me out as I've got a couple ideas....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds