Keyboard Help " and @ symbols mixed up!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sjjs1985, Aug 25, 2006.

1. sjjs1985

sjjs1985 Private E-2

just a quicky, my " and @ aymbols are the wrong way round since i reformatted my comp. i know it must be an easy quick solution so somebody please help before i go crazy!!
    thanks!!

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Your keyboard language is set to the wrong language.

Im guessing that as US is the default you are in the UK but using a US language layout for your keyboard.

Goto Start --> Settings --> Control Panel

Select 'Regional and Language Settings' (If xp you may need to set it to view in classic mode)

Select the 'Languages' Tab and click Details in the 'Text Services and input languages' groupbox.

Set the language there that you need and hit apply!

3. sjjs1985

sjjs1985 Private E-2

good work. thanks bud

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

5. gailcarty

gailcarty Private E-2

I tried this but the only language option I'm offered is US English - what now?!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

It looks like you can add a language further down in that box. Click add and select the language.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds