I don't understand some features

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by plodr, Sep 9, 2007.

1. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I go to quite a few forums so I thought I knew about setting the choices in my Control Panel but this site keeps doing two things I can't seem to correct.
    1. I want NO subscriptions yet every time someone answers a thread I've posted in, I receive an email. I don't want emails, I don't want popups; in short, I want no type of notification.
    When I get emails I need to log in and cancel the subscriptions again.
    2. The posts appear from oldest to newest which is what I'm used to and prefer yet as soon as I log in, the sequence changes with the newest posts first and the oldest posts last. I do better not logging in to read the posts.

Please help me to correct these two annoyances.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

at the top of the page click on user CP. then go to edit options. where it says Default Thread Subscription Mode. change it to do not subscrbe. then save changes at the bottom of the page. at the bottom of the page you are viewing where is says sort order change it to decending. that should fix up your problems.

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

User CP

Edit Options

Messaging & Notification
    Default Thread Subscription Mode
    set to 'Do not subscribe'
    or
    'No notification'

Thread Display Options
    Thread Display Mode
    set to 'Linear - Oldest First'

'Save changes'

good luck :)

Edit: I type too slow :eek:

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

A big thanks to both of you. I think I finally have the proper settings in the proper places.
    If not, I always have this post to refer to and try again.

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

your welcome plodr..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds