Logitech Illuminated output problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by plusman, Feb 24, 2010.

1. plusman

plusman Private E-2

Hi,

I've been using the Logitech Illuminated Keybord for about a year now and the keyboard has suddenly begun acting strangely. It is as if some of the keys have become "linked" and is causing the keyboard to output incorrectly.

For example pressing the spacebar or the u key will output a space and a u onscreen e.g " u". Pressing the c or v key will output "cv". Pressing the g key will output "<g".

A few more keys are acting this way. I've checked region settings in Windows to make sure the keyboard layout has not changed at all (the keyboard itself is a spanish region keyboard) and i've also tested the keyboard in other USB ports. Uninstalling and reinstalling software has not helped either.

The problem came gradually over about a week. These certain keys would start messing around, but after a minute they'd go back to normal again.

I'm using Windows Vista 64bit.

I made a search through the forum and there was a few similar posts, but unfortunately all the threads had died off without a resolution.

I've dusted off an old PS2 keyboard for use in the time being which is working fine. I don't have a second USB keyboard to try out.

Looking forward to your reply and any help you can give, thanks.

2. Tecumseh_AUS

Tecumseh_AUS Private E-2

Just a wild thought here ... have you tried contacting Logitech tech support?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Logitech mice and keyboards come with disks. Uninstall the logitech software and the keyboard then reinstall it.

4. plusman

plusman Private E-2

I'm wating on a reply from Logitech. I thought that perhaps someone could magic me up a solution a corrupted file somewhere to remove or something.

The software on the disk is just an older version of what you can download from Logitechs website so surely this wouldn't make a difference. I'll probably give it a go just for the hell of it before I bin it.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Software can get corrupted. Trying to figure out what got corrupted would take a long time compared to uninstalling and a clean re-install.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds