System Volume Information problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by suzycook, Aug 15, 2004.

1. suzycook

suzycook Private E-2

Ok so here it is...

Had a "Trojan-gen" in c:SystemVolumeInformation\_restore{6CD01810-EFB9-4AF0_0433-2.
    I am running XP and IE 6.0
    Anti virus: avast
    Downloaded a squared and ran it, ran Avast removal tool, tried to run an on line scan at Panda and Symantec. When I tried to run Panda and Symantec MI closed.
    Then ran Avert Stinger.
    All of the antivirus tools and scans say my computer is virus and trojan free.
    Now the problem. I still have to unplug my speakers because they are at full volume and I can not control the volume. I can go to control panel and adjust the volume and it works as long as I am there but when I ok my way out the volume reverts right back to max level. There is also no volume control icon in my tray, even though I checked the box to put one there.
    MI still closes when I try to run an online virus check from Panda, Symantec and PC Pitstop.
    So....Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    suzy

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Shut off and reactivate System Restore. This will clear out any system restore points such as the one with the trojan in it. Follow these directions to do it: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31668 I f you still have problems, go to the Spyware Specific section,then read and follow all of the directions at the top of the page. I've got no clue about your sound problem, though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds