This is the motherboard im getting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oddray, Feb 9, 2006.

1. oddray

oddray Private E-2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131530

is this a good choice if im going from a emachine motherboard u get with premade emachines to this. because i think that motherboard is the problem with my computer now.
    my specs
    emachine motherboard ati
    athlon 64 3200+ 2.0
    ati radeon x850 xt saphfire version
    2 gigs of xms ram corsair
    antec psu 550 watts

im kinda worried because some of the reviews are bad.
    is says that if i have the ram i have i should put them down from 400 to 333.
    should i buy a better mother board like this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131524

2. oddray

oddray Private E-2

plz reply

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

any retail/non-OEM premade machine is bound to have some crappy mobo. That ASUS board is a great choice and will finish off those other new parts nicely.

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

As a matter of fact, Emachine & other manufactures alike uses MOBO's from several manufactures, even Asus! although some features may be crippled/reworked.

At Oddray, someone here at MG may be able to help you with your present system, what's your problem's?

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

true dat, i have sufffered the crippling effects of prebuilt computers. the BIOSs are usually severely hampered and non-functional for power users and overclockers and they are usually a bit behind the mainstream motherboards.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds