HP motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leoleotheiii, Feb 10, 2006.

1. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Nope your stuck at running stock speeds ....Compaq/HPs just dont overclock.. Even if you could it whould bearly overclock ... the voltage regulaters thay ( compaq/HP ) use are weak under stock load ( more so on the P4 mobos ) let alown overclocking..

3. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

I don't know about that in thier new machines, my compaq has an ASUS micro atx. I thout ASUS were pretty good OCers.

4. ACE 256

Trigem is the lowest of the lowest mobos...lower then PCchips/elite group/ECS :rolleyes:.....

Plz read before posting things that can confuse people :) ....

5. splitt3r

Wow, never even heard of trigem before, i have heard horrible things about ecs though, I think they are one of the companies that use exploding caps on thier mobos.

6. ACE 256

The caps are mainly due to a stolen electrolyte formula...

"A few years back like in 97 or 98. Some cheap electrolyte formula was stolen and it turned out to be faulty. But lots of BIG companies used it. Like abit and such. It leaks and fails a lot, but most of the failures are long term, but i've heard of short term failures too."

Apparently some of the realy cheap mobo makes still use it :rolleyes:...

7. splitt3r

thats lame, they should get sued.

8. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

not even vmods or smthing? or is he not gonna be able to oc it untill he gets a new card?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds