Any GPS users out there?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by aLLiKZar, Jan 7, 2005.

1. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

I am looking at purchasing a Garmin Rino 110, 120, or maybe the 130.
    I am wondering if any of my Geek friends use any of these and what the
    likes/dislikes are. I have googled it but would like to find out from an actual user.

2. newgroove

newgroove <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/089815186

I have an Garmin eTrex (http://www.garmin.com/products/etrex/) I use for geocaching. I don't know if there are many gps users on this website but check out www.geocaching.com. That site is awesome (yet another site I'm a member of). I haven't used any of the GPSs that you're looking at - but I'm sure someone on that site will have used it. What are you looking to get a GPS for?

3. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Yeah geocaching is great, well at least thats what my dad and my brother say. And there are quite a number of locations for this in my area, or in any area pretty much from what I can see.

4. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

I sail in the summers, and I have the Tsunamis Transas charts. I want to install that on an old lap and hook it up with a gps for when I'm out in the archipelago! :)

In the future, when I can afford the boat I want to own and work on, I want a dgps connected to the Adveto system. But that is expensive! But damn it's good! :D If I can afford the boat, I think I can afford the electronic chart system too! ;)

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Wow!!! And here was I just getting the hang of geek speak ;)

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

When I get my GPS unit I'm not going to bother with a screen ;) I've already got a screen for what I want to use it for. :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds