Video card drivers ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by ACE 256, Jan 30, 2004.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Ok i think this is a driver prob. when i start my computer it shows the post screen, the loading windows screen, and right before it gets to the welcome screen it gos black and the moniter turns off. Iv wated 3 Min and it dont come back on. About 1 out of 4 times it makes it to windows. The card and the system is running stock speeds anf voltages. Iv instaled the latest chipset and video card drivers. I ran spy bot and norten corpret and both up to date. Ok windows sais its the video crad drivers that are the prob so i uninstalld them and installed the one off the driver CD that came with the card, same prob. Now im back with the new drivers and the same prob windows is fine and runs normaly if i can get it to load. Plz. help :(

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

3. ACE 256

No i removed them in add / remove programs. Dont see how that maks a deforance i had the prob with the defalt drivers that windows used when i hade to format and reinstall. It did the same thing with the first drivers i installed.....

4. General_Lee_Stoned

well you posted earlier that the video card drivers were to blame

so when you put in fresh drivers you need to completly wipe out the old ones lots of crap gets left behind

so if your saying its the drivers at fault the only way to eliminate them as the problem is to install a fresh set after nuking any remnants of the old one

1 person likes this.
  5. ACE 256

Ok il give it a try :) ..............

6. ACE 256

Have no clue how but it seemed to work :) I neve was any good at software :D ..........

7. General_Lee_Stoned

good to see its sorted :)

8. ACE 256

The display propertes window is vary slow now, its fast when ya open it but when ya clik ok it takes about 30 sec to go away (even whin ya dont apply anything) w/ no HDD activity...weard......:confused:

9. ACE 256

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  10. General_Lee_Stoned

im not 100% sure but i think robo is getting at the nvidia driver helper service which does anything but help
    go to start-run type services.msc then look for this
    NVIDIA Display Driver Service double click it and set start-up type to disabled and apply

11. ACE 256

I desabled the helper driver and it still dont close right :confused: ........

12. ACE 256

Im getting the black screen at startup again :( ...............

13. General_Lee_Stoned

that sucks man
    what version of the via drivers you using ive encountered numerous problems with the 4.50s and above
    have you checked device manager for probs and that you have the via agp driver installed
    check the card is seated in its slot properly and the cables are ok to the monitor
    have you installed direct x 9 as the fx is a dx9 card
    have you tried start-run-dxdiag and run the tests

14. ACE 256

2.04 is the VIA chipset drivers (thats bad right ?) I tryed DX 9 no joy....no errors or anything :confused:

15. General_Lee_Stoned

16. ACE 256

thats the one i installed.....Sandra sais the video card is running at 8x so I donno.........

17. General_Lee_Stoned

well it aint that then ace :)

do you get the same problems in safe mode

18. ACE 256

donno ill check.............

19. ACE 256

Boots fine to safe mode............damn this is realy gitting on my nerves.. :mad:

20. General_Lee_Stoned

if safe mode runs fine then i would suspect driver issue

so you could try
    http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

and download the forceware 52.16 whql drivers seems some ppl have issues with the newest set and your card

might be worth a shot

dont forget the driver cleaner though ;)

21. ACE 256

The drivers whont install im here with 640 480 60Hz 32bit colers the video card isent in divice manager and I cant find a whay to install it maualy :( ..........

22. General_Lee_Stoned

what its corrupt download ?

or have you rebooted after uninstalling the old ones cos windows should detect new hardware

23. ACE 256

Donno...I half to hit ctrl + alt + del to get past the welcome screen.....hers some pics... atleast paint works :rolleyes: ...............

24. General_Lee_Stoned

your pics aint there man

25. ACE 256

Damn for some reasion i cant atach anything ya got somewhare else i can DL the drivers ??

26. General_Lee_Stoned

27. ACE 256

nope whont install...i installed my G2 mx400..........then reinstalled the 5600...seems to work now but i half to hit ctrl alt del B 4 i can get past the welcome screen :mad::confused: ....................

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  28. General_Lee_Stoned

thats a pain man you aint had a lot of luck with that new card
    can you get that screenie up yet

29. ACE 256

OK i think its all my chips falt..Im running 1.333 w/133 bus (yes underclocked :eek: :( ) and spread spectrum all the way up and core V at 1.8..........and it works perfect...(perfictly slow)..:rolleyes: ....... BTW the display properties window is still slow :confused: .............

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  30. ACE 256

update i got a friend who has a good PSU CPU video card and ram so im ganna try thim all out to see if i can find my prob...(im thinkin PSU now)............

31. ACE 256

Ok seems to B the PSU the video card pushed it over the edge i gess so im ganna get a new 1. thanks a bunch Genaral Lee :cool::) ..............

32. General_Lee_Stoned

glad you found the problem man
    those geforce fx use up 75 watts of juice heres a useful link if you want to work out how much you going to need for a new psu
    http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

33. ACE 256

ok I got a antec true 430 now and a 1800+ on the way :) .......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds