Is there a way to make a program open in a center window?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I moved a program's (an uninstaller) window out of the way so I could see another window, but now I see the program always remembers its last window position. I'd like to get it back to opening in the center of the screen. Is there any way I can do that?

2. GermanOne

GermanOne Guest

Whether and where a certain program saves its window position and/or size was defined by the developer of this application. In general there is no way to let the window open centered to screen. Either you are able to figure out where these values are saved (commonly somewhere in the rgistry) and change them before the application is called, or you need a 3rd party program that moves the opened window. I don't know if such a tool already exists (at least I could write one in C/WinAPI if you want me to do).

Regards
    GermanOne

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Thanks for the offer. That won't be necessary. I decided to just maximize the window and let it open that way instead.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds