Xbox360 + PS3

Discussion in 'Software' started by ~Pyrate~, May 19, 2005.

1. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

I was just looking over the specs of these two systems, at least on paper they outperform my PC :eek: I think it might be time for another upgrade

PS3
    Xbox360

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Personally I would wait till end of year.... PC hardware will have changed by then.. you know how it changes so fast ;)

BUT I know what you mean... I think I'm really in need of Dual Core, 64bit, Intel Matrix Raid, 1066FSB etc etc :D

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

lol ... yea, I suppose I won't have to one up them untill then, anyway :D

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Not to mention these are the first specs for the consoles. If I remember correctly, the PS2 was initially supposed to have a Cell CPU in it. I'll bet the specs for the machines will change a good bit between now and when they are actually released.

6. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

For the PS3 maybe, but for the Xbox360 its on a short leash, schedueled to be released in less then 5months.

7. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

computers are a ever evolving device. Consoles are stuck with what they come with.
    It won't take too long to catch up. But it's nice to see the future state of computers before they come into existence.

8. Olley

Olley Sergeant

but its still pretty impressive what they have on the inside these days, water cooling etc... anyways, i was wonderin what all this means:
    7 x SPE @3.2GHz
    7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
    7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
    * 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

there still is only one cpu in there right?

9. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Gigaflops,tera flops,floating sloppy crap,they can do anything with statistics,especially when they are something a techie wrote down when he woke up and realized it was presentation day,I think the thing that has made xbox and ps2 seem good was efficient software coding,if these consoles come anywhere near to a present day entry or mid level PC in computational power I would be very suprised,but I cant talk I went and bought an xbox.

I think the 360 will be so far removed from what resembles a pc to keep the xbox modders at bay.Thats my $0.02 or £0.11*.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds