looking for compatible memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by downlowfrog, Dec 16, 2006.

1. downlowfrog

downlowfrog Private E-2

I have tried at a couple different forums to get help with my problem and either no one replies back, or they don't even answer my actual question. So, I am giving it one more shot with everyone here.
    Ok, here goes...:)
    I have been trying to build a computer for my roommate (from mostly used/donated parts) and I am almost done except for the memory. I have a few different ones and am wondering if someone could tell me if one of them, would be compatible with the mobo, which is an Abit KT7A w/ an AMD Duron processor. I'd rather use one I already have (if possible), than go buy a new one since funds are limited.

These are the ones I have:

Kingston KVR133Q/256R
    Kingston KTM0073/128 (HY57V658020B)
    Kingston ValueRAM KVR-PC100/128-R
    Siemens HYS64V8200GU-10 (PC66-222-920)
    LGS GM72V16821CT10K(w/sticker saying MDV323S-28,not sure if needed)
    NANYA NTSSV16M8CT-75B
    NEC D45128841GS-A10-9JF (256MB PC100-322-620)

I have tried to search online to see if any of these were compatible, but I don't seem to be looking in the right spots. If anyone knows if one of the above is, I would love to find out.
    (Sorry if I seem uptight. It's just that I have been working on this project for quite a few days, and being a beginner at this, I've spent more time searching the web for info & how-to's, than on actually doing the building. And this is the last thing I need to do before I can see if I succeeded in my 1st project, but it seems to be the hardest part for me. Just anxious!:) :D
    So close and yet so far.
    Thank you![/B][/B]

2. 12quidkidinnit

12quidkidinnit Private First Class

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/legacy.php

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=89

It looks like they're saying it will work with SD ram, so any that are pc 100 or pc 133 would be worth trying.

Have you actually tried any of the ones on your list to see if they work, or were you being cautious until you were sure of the right one ? Some motherboards are more choosy than others about what types of ram they like. On my old computers, I just put the ram in and see what happens If it works, great, if it doesn't, onto the next. But with the decent one, I am more careful. It was hard work finding some compatible ram for that (msi socket 939, cost me twice as much because of the limited choice of ram modules for it).

3. downlowfrog

downlowfrog Private E-2

No, I haven't actually tried one for that exact reason. I am too worried about messing it up if it is a choosy one. I'm probably being too worried and more cautious than needed. But I am so very new at this and most of what I read is still mumbo jumbo to me so it takes awhile to understand the next step.:eek: It's slowly getting easier, but still frustrating.
    I don't know why I didn't find the links that you gave me (considering how long I spent looking). But thanks to you, I now know them. And I think that after going to them, I can actually try out a couple and see.
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH! SEEMS PRETTY BASIC, JUST COULDN'T GET PAST THAT ONE HUMP. APPRECIATE THE HELP!!!!
    Gonna go give it shot.:D :)
    Thanks again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds